Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Frustrations are frustrating...

Ok, it's time for a frustration rant... I haven't had one for a while... so I think it's time...

I am frustrated that it takes me a long time to get back into the swing of things, I am frustrated that I can't eat what I want, when I want, how I want and not gain weight like others... I am frustrated that this past week was a decent eating week, and a good exercise week and I still gained 2 lbs.   I want to throw that scale through the wall!

For those of you who want to say 'oh well just take your frustration out on the treadmill, or some other kind of torture machine' SAVE IT... I know what I am supposed to do, but right now let me be like a woman who just wants you to HEAR, and not give advice... cue the ladies saying 'I just want you to LISTEN'... not that my wife ever has to say that to me ;).  It is very frustrating, to go backwards even when you are going forward in every other area of fitness, you are eating better, working harder, but you gain instead of going down.  

It isn't helping matters that I can't lift my left shoulder above my head.  In fact I almost can't use it at all, I have been ignoring it through the summer so I could play ball, but now I went to physiotherapy and we are working on it.  Physiotherapy is one of those funny things we do to ourselves in life.   The 'Therapist' (notice how if you split therapist you get 'the rapist' also known as a salacious and sadist beast) basically sit you down ask and proceed to ask what hurts, how it hurts, when it hurts.  As they ask they make you move into uncomfortable places, asking 'does that hurt?' 'is that tight?'.  To which I reply sweetly 'twist that arm again and you'll see what hurts', but instead I whimper through gritted teeth, 'yeah that hurts a little' and tears begin to form.  Then once we know every position I CAN'T do, they then tell me to do it 30 times!!!!   umm.... and I am paying you $55 a session? oh well at least I will have a shoulder back... maybe...

anyways, yeah I was up again last week... this week though seems to be going much better... that scale better be good or else my frustration will be taken out on it!

later
Blake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You caannn dooo iiit!