Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Feel Good...

I just got back from the gym.  I can barely walk and I smell like the offal of a sick rhino, but I feel good.  Never, ever in my life did I think I would say those words after a workout at the gym, but I do, 'I feel GOOD'.

This morning I didn't feel good.  I have been struggling emotionally with things that are going on throughout this season of life.   Perhaps that's why the human condition is so complex, because we are so intricately weaved together that when one part of our life is changed the rest are affected.  This morning, however I was tired of being human, I wanted to take a break, just grab a box of Oreo's and hunker down with a movie and let the world pass me by.  I texted my wife this morning when I got to the gym, 'I am depressed, pray for me'... which probably wasn't a good idea considering it made her think I was swallowing a shotgun and that she was going to come home to my bloody mess.

Depressed or not though I went to the gym.  I was really hoping that the endorphin rush in my workout would lift my spirits.  It took awhile, and I should say that when I get depressed or sad, I look angry, very angry.  I kept wondering why no one was working out near my bench, but then again it could have been my rhino scented fragrance.  About halfway through my workout, I was able to crack a smile, although it was at some guys ogling a scantily clad girl while they pumped their arms harder hoping she would notice.

I went hard today, 7 minute warm-up, a 30 minute weight and core routine, a hard 30 minutes of cardio, and finishing with a cool-down and stretch of 7 minutes.  By the end I was soaked, tired, and way less frustrated.  I decided to go weigh-in.

I knew that I could handle what the scale said, and if I didn't like it I would just vent some more frustration on the scale by throwing it through a wall.  It must have sensed my 'don't-mess-around-with-me-vibe' because when I stepped on to the silver platform that bold, beautiful display told me that I had  broke my first goal.  I am now 399.3 lbs... (the.3 is from my soaking wet gym shorts... very gross I know).  For the first time in a year and a half I am down below 400.

The day just keeps getting better... hope yours does too!

Blakey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Blake!! So happy for you!!! And I had to laugh at the text you sent Amy! LOL!!! Praying for you!!

Michael said...

What's an offal? :)

Way to go Blake. I'm glad you pushed through; that's how you'll reap the benefits later on.

I love chuckling at the muscleheads as they try to impress the ladies. ha!

We should go for tea sometime...

Anonymous said...

YAY Blake!!!!
Excited for you :) Keep going!
Tom & Shar

Anonymous said...

Blake!

I just checked out your blog a few days ago and its great! (I'm hooked!) Keep up the posts (and the great work).

Take care.

Bonnie